Lytro Meltdown Update: Viewer 2.0 and Communicator 126.96.36.199 with New Features
A few days ago, Jan Kučera released updates to both the Lytro Compatible Viewer and Lytro Compatible Communicator, bringing a range of new viewing options to the earlier, and wireless LFP download to the latter.
The author summarizes what’s new:
The wave of major updates finishes with a new release of the viewer. It now renders sub-aperture, epipolar and raw squared views that can also be exported. The sub-aperture images can be laid each over other to achieve subtle refocus effect. The precision improvements and usage of all microlenses should lead to noticeably better previews. Overall stability, especially when dealing with invalid files, was also improved.
This comes with a small update to the communicator as well, allowing you to generate LFP files from the camera over Wi-Fi, so you no longer need to connect it over USB to get your pictures.
Complete changelogs and download links after the break:
- field view now offers sub-aperture, epipolar and squared raw renderings
- simple focus-by-shift added to field view
- improved computation of microlenses positions
- using all microlenses for a larger field preview
- web view UI improvements and delay loading
- image view supports export into different bitmap formats
- *.calib files added to open dialog
- H.264 components caused crash if missing metadata
- lack of the H.264 decoder (Windows N versions) caused crash
- exporting file component’s data appended file extension twice
- Lytro Desktop library and camera calibration places added to open file dialog
- Windows Explorer is automatically restarted if shell integration needs to be updated
- status text made selectable
- crashes for various reasons due to bad files handled
- icon updated.
Lytro Compatible Viewer 188.8.131.52 (1.1 MiB, 2,303 hits)
Basic LFP viewer, which can open Raw and processed LFP-files, display metadata, and offers click/slide software refocus and perspective-shift of LFP stacks. Requires .NET Framework 4.5 or higher.
More information here: Lytro Meltdown: The Viewer
- fixed invalid JSON in generated LFP files for some locales.
- (changes in 184.108.40.206)
- download pictures as LFP files
- logging of communication for troubleshooting (%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lytro Meltdown\The Communicator\Logs)
- fixed crash on attempt to download file using empty path
- icon updated.
Lytro Compatible Communicator v220.127.116.11 (740.0 KiB, 1,352 hits)
Windows Tool by Jan Kučera to communicate with the camera via WiFi. Requires .NET Framework v4.5.
More information here: Lytro Meltdown: The Communicator