Lytro ceased operations in early 2018. With the company’s demise, a lot of information about Lytro products was lost.
In an effort to help remaining Lytro users and fans make the most of their cameras, we’ve collected download links, support articles and more, in this archive.
- Official Product Information
- Camera and Software Support
- Lytro Downloads
- Lytro Press Releases
- Academic Papers
Official Product Information
- Lytro Cinema – Official Product Information
- Lytro Desktop Software – Official Product Information
- Lytro Developers – Official Product Information
- Lytro Illum – Official Product Information
- Lytro Immerge – Official Product Information
- Lytro Light Field Camera (1st Gen.) – Official Product Information
- Lytro Platform (Lytro Power Tools, Lytro Development Kit) – Official Product Information
- Lytro Volume Tracer – Official Product Information
Lytro Camera and Software Support
- Lytro Light Field Camera – Support Articles
- Lytro Illum – Support Articles
- Lytro Desktop 4: Import and Editing – Support Articles
- Lytro Desktop 4: Animating, Presenting and Exporting – Support Articles
- Lytro Desktop 4: Troubleshooting – Support Articles
- Lytro Desktop 5 – Support Articles
You can find Lytro Desktop Software (Mac and Windows), camera firmware for first generation cameras and the Lytro Illum, the open source parts of the Lytro Illum software, and Lytro Power Tools over at Lytro Meltdown.
A copy of the latest software versions is also available here:
- Lytro Software
Lytro Desktop 5.0.1 (151215.109) for Windows (25.2 MiB, 2,950 hits)
Lytro Desktop 4.3.3 (151118.98) for Mac OS (27.2 MiB, 1,721 hits)
Firmware: First Generation Camera v1.2.2 (208) (14.0 MiB, 1,116 hits)
Firmware: Lytro Illum 2.0.0 (42) (170.8 MiB, 1,022 hits)
Lytro Illum 3rd party open-source code and materials 1.0.0 (2014-07-09) (155.8 MiB, 2,257 hits)
Lytro Power Tools 1.0.0b0 (2015-08-18) for Windows (9.3 MiB, 1,275 hits)
Lytro Power Tools 1.0.0b0 (2015-08-18) for Mac (11.9 MiB, 858 hits)
User Manual: Lytro Light Field Camera (1st Gen) (4.4 MiB, 1,255 hits)
User Manual: Lytro Illum v2.1, English (20150805) (9.3 MiB, 1,156 hits)
User Manual: Lytro Illum v2.1, German/Deutsch (20150805) (9.2 MiB, 800 hits)
Light Field Photos for Download (article links)
Lytro Press Releases
- 2016-04-11: Lytro Brings Revolutionary Light Field Technology to Film and TV Production with Lytro Cinema
- 2015-11-05: Lytro Immerge: The World’s First Professional Light Field Solution for Cinematic VR
- 2015-08-19: Lytro Power Tools Advances Into Beta Phase
- 2015-07-09: Lytro Announces Most Powerful Updates Yet for Lytro ILLUM
- 2015-03-10: Lytro Launches World’s First Light Field Imaging Studio in Tokyo
- 2014-11-06: Lytro Launches the Lytro Platform to Empower Exploration of Light Field Technology
- 2014-06-30: Lytro Launches Lytro Photo Adventure for Once-in-a-Lifetime Photography Experience
- 2014-06-11: Lytro Unleashes Interactive Power of Living Pictures to the Web with New Lytro WebGL Player
- 2014-04-22: Lytro Unveils World’s First Light Field Camera Designed for Creative Pioneers
- 2013-11-20: Lytro Raises $40 Million in Funding to Expand the Picture Revolution
- 2013-11-12: Lytro Delivers New 3D Capabilities and Expands Worldwide Distribution
- 2013-06-19: Lytro Announces Availability of Lytro Mobile for iOS
- 2011-10-19: Lytro, Inc. Unveils the World’s First Consumer Light Field Camera
- 2011-06-22: Lytro Redefines Photography With Light Field Cameras
Lytro Academic Papers
Academic publications (co-)authored by researchers involved with Lytro:
(Note: This list was presented on the Lytro website, and is not maintained!)
- Chia-Kai Liang and Ravi Ramamoorthi, A Light Transport Framework for Lenslet Light Field Cameras, ACM Transactions on Graphics, Volume 34 Issue 2, Article 16, 2015.
- Li-Yi Wei, Chia-Kai Liang, Graham Myhre, Colvin Pitts and Kurt Akeley, Improving Light Field Camera Sample Design With Irregularity and Aberration, ACM Transactions on Graphics (Proceedings of SIGGRAPH), Volume 34 Issue 4, 2015.
- Kurt Akeley, Invited Paper: Envisioning a Light Field Ecosystem, SID Symposium Digest of Technical Papers, Volume 43, Issue 1, pp. 459-462, June 2012.
- Sowmya Ravikumar, Kurt Akeley, and Martin S. Banks, Creating effective focus cues in multi-plane 3D displays, Optics Express, 19(21), 2011.
- Chia-Kai Liang, Yi-Chang Shih, and Homer Chen, Light Field Analysis for Modeling Image Formation, IEEE Transaction on Image Processing 2011.
- Chia-Kai Liang, Analysis, Acquisition, and Processing of Light Field for Computational Photography, National Taiwan University PhD Dissertation, 2009.
- Chia-Kai Liang, Tai-Hsu Lin, Bing-Yi Wong, Chi Liu, and Homer Chen, Programmable Aperture Photography: Multiplexed Light Field Acquisition, ACM Trans. Graph. 27(3), 2008.
- David M. Hoffman, Ahna R. Girshick, Kurt Akeley, and Martin S. Banks, Vergence-accommodation conflicts hinder visual performance and cause visual fatigue, Journal of Vision, Volume 8, Number 3, pp. 1-30, 2008.
- Ren Ng, Digital Light Field Photography. Stanford PhD Dissertation. June 2006.
- Digital Correction of Lens Aberrations in Light Field Photography, by Ren Ng and Pat Hanrahan. SPIE Vol 6342 (Proceedings of the International Optical Design Conference), 2006.
- Light Field Microscopy, by Marc Levoy, Ren Ng, Andrew Adams, Matthew Footer and Mark Horowitz. ACM Transactions on Graphics (Proceedings of SIGGRAPH) 25(3):924-934, 2006.
- Simon J. Watt, Kurt Akeley, Marc O. Ernst, and Martin S. Banks, Focus cues affect perceived depth, Journal of Vision, Volume 5, Number 10, pp. 834-862, 2005.
- Fourier Slice Photography, by Ren Ng. ACM Transactions on Graphics (Proceedings of SIGGRAPH 2005) 24(3): 735-744, 2005.
- Light Field Photography with a Hand-Held Plenoptic Camera, by Ren Ng, Marc Levoy, Mathieu Brédif, Gene Duval, Mark Horowitz, Pat Hanrahan. Stanford University Computer Science Tech Report CSTR 2005-02.
- Kurt Akeley, Achieving Near-correct Focus Cues Using Multiple Image Planes, Stanford PhD Dissertation, June 2004.
- Kurt Akeley, Simon J. Watt, Ahna Reza Girshick, and Martin S. Banks, A Stereo Display Prototype with Multiple Focal Distances, ACM Trans. Graph. 23(3), pp. 804-813, 2004.