Lytro’s LightField Camera is currently officially available in 5 countries (plus India, inofficially?), but it’s not easy to get in Europe.
This weekend, however, online bargain store QoQa is exclusively offering the 8 GB models “electric blue” and “graphite” to customers in France and Belgium, for 399 Euros plus shipping.
The weekend offer ends Sunday, April 7, at midnight CEST.
If your country of residence fits (or if you have friends there), this may just be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for: Lytro Appareil photo plénoptique de poche | QoQa.fr
We were offline for a few days, but the world obviously didn’t stop turning: Lytro has officially announced international sales for four new countries: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong and Singapore will be the first countries outside the US that will get the world’s first consumer LightField Camera.
In addition to these news, the Lytro Camera will also be available through online retailers like Amazon.com, Target and BestBuy.
Availability depends on your reseller of choice, but the camera will start selling on October 9 (Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Future Shop/Canada), October 10 (in-store through retailers in Australia) and in mid-October (in-store through retailers in Hong Kong and Singapore). Continue reading
In the United States, Lytro’s LightField Camera has started shipping in late February. While there are some options to order a Lytro camera from abroad, they’re a bit complicated and more expensive.
Asked about international orders, Lytro’s customer support can’t provide a lot of information:
Q: Is there any date when you’re gonna be able to send Lytro to Europe? Just some info like Q4 2012 or Q1 2013 would be nice, I don’t need some specific date, but I really want your product! ;)
A: We are working toward expanding distribution and will share more details when we can.
A new, open job position at Lytro shows that the company is preparing for internatoinal orders and shipping: Continue reading
It seems like production of Lytro’s LightField camera is catching up: While pre-orders from October 2011 took as long as February 2012 to ship, orders made last November shipped in April.
According to Lytro, new orders are currently placed in the “May/June” timeframe, so if you order now, you could enjoy your brand new Lytro camera within two weeks – that is, if everything goes super-fast (which it might not).
According to several studies, Macs only take up about 9 % of the personal computer market share, the other 91 % more or less go to Windows. This is probably why there is such a lot of frustration among Windows users who are waiting hard for any info regarding the Windows version of Lytro’s Desktop application.
Officially, Lytro for Windows is set to launch “sometime in 2012″ – which is not very precise and possibly still a very long time.
There may be a way to run the Mac App on Windows, though: Continue reading