Slow rollout: Why you didn’t get the Lytro firmware update 1.0.1 yet
It’s been more than 2 weeks since Lytro has first released update 1.0.1 for its desktop software and camera firmware.
If you haven’t received the firmware update notification yet, here’s why, and what you can do to get it:
Lytro has announced that the update will “continue to roll out over the next several days”, but only a percentage of customers is offered the update at a time.
You can make sure you’ll get an update ticket as soon as possible by:
- Updating your desktop software to version 1.0.1
- Making sure that your camera has at least 40 % of battery power
- Have your camera connected to your Mac via USB
They also say that the update is available to individual customers, when “their camera has reached the front of the line to be updated”.
This could either mean that…
- keeping your camera connected with your computer will get you in queue, or
- Lytro is first giving out the update to cameras that were produced and shipped earlier (lower serial number)
4/23/12 – The camera firmware update will continue to roll out over the next several days, with only a certain percentage of customers being offered an update at a time. Everyone will be offered an update in the near future… thank you for your patience!
Firmware update 1.0.1 will get you the following improvements:
- Improved accuracy when displaying battery level.
- Improved focus accuracy when shooting in Creative Mode.
- Improved responsiveness when double-tapping (e.g. to zoom in or out within a picture you’re reviewing).
- General control drawer now opens in response to an upward swipe anywhere on the screen (not just from the bottom white line).
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements to performance and stability.